Germany Visa Requirements
If you’re going to Germany as a tourist, visitor, business person, or student so you have to know about German visa requirements. You should know the crucial documents, which are mandatory in your Germany visa process. Germany is one of the significant Schengen countries since 1995 when Germany became the part of Schengen area. German visa requirements are different based on your going purpose to the foreign country (Germany).
Keep in mind, if your trip includes more than one Schengen country ahead so you will apply from that country’s consulate where your stay will be longer than another country. Suppose you’re going to more Schengen countries and Germany is the port of entry or you will stay in Germany more than any other Schengen country so you will apply for your Schengen visa application from the German consulate.
Germany Visa Requirements
German visa requirements process needs certain documents. Those documents vary on the applicant’s purpose of going. But here few are common.
- Your Germany visa application process starts by downloading the Schengen visa application form. Sit tight and slightly brainstorming is required to fill this form and afterward print this on paper.
- Two passport-size pictures with white or any light background are acceptable.
- Your passport should be valid for at least for next 3 months time period not before the trip, actually in simple words, it should be valid for the next 3 months ahead of your return date from Germany.
- A personal cover letter that includes the visitor’s purpose of going in writing in it as well as where you are currently employed, position and job beginning date, etc.
- Travel medical insurance is mandatory and coverage should be $35,000 minimum within Germany country or all Schengen countries as well.
- A flight reservation for Schengen visa application that confirms that you’re going to Germany with the entering and leaving date as well. Fill out the flight reservation form and get your flight booking.
Must read flight reservation for visa absolute guide for travelers.
- Proof of accommodation or hotel bookings at your staying destinations. If you will accommodate your sponsor so in that case, the sponsor Govt. issued ID card and passport copies would be attached also.
Must read the proof of accommodation for visa application absolute guide for travelers.
- The minimum income needed for subsistence in Germany is 45 euros per day according to the European Commission information. That’s why they needed your last 3 months’ bank statement to know about your financial condition, which is mandatory in some cases.
- The applicant’s birth certificate is needed in some cases as well.
Germany Visa Requirements For Employees
If you’re an employee so some additional documents are required except the above general documents.
- Your job employment contract copy plus no objection letter from your employer to let the consulate know that you’re leaving and your employer sanctioned your leave for your trip.
- Your most recent six months bank statement to know your account stability and financial situation.
- Certificate of deduction income tax from your salary.
Germany Visa Requirements For Student
- Here also you need to show a no-objection letter from your school/university or institute where you are currently enrolled.
Germany Visa Requirements For Tourists
For a tourist Germany visa, few additional documents are required except the above general ones.
- Your bank six-month statement to know that your bank has sufficient balance to stay in Germany within that time period without putting the burden on their country.
- If there is any family/friend/colleague sponsoring you in Germany a simple inviting letter is another document that you need to add to this Germany visa requirements. That invitation letter contains the purpose of coming visitors, which you invited. And in the invitation letter, the sponsor’s phone and address should also be included in it.
- Passport copies of both applicant and sponsor if exist.
Germany Visa Requirements For Self Employed
If you’re self-employed or own a small business and desire to travel to Germany these additional Germany visa requirements might help you.
- Your business govt. an issued license copy is mandatory.
- Your most recent six-month bank statement is another document.
- Last but least, your salary income tax deduction certificate.
Please carefully read all the above-mentioned Germany visa requirements and follow them respectively. We recommend contacting or consulting your country’s German consulate for further and updated requirements.