Belgium Visa Requirements
If you are planning to go to Belgium for work, study, or as a tourist or visitor so you must read Belgium’s general visa requirements for your visa application process. Belgium is included as one of the prominent Schengen countries in 1995 after the Schengen agreement. Belgium visa requirements depend on the visitor’s purpose of going. Belgium visa requirements would be different for an employee, tourist, and student for study Schengen visa. There are some Belgium visa requirements and procedures that are almost the same for all Schengen members.
Do you know? The European Union and NATO headquarters are based in Brussels, Belgium. Belgium’s capital city Brussels attracts thousands of visitors every year due to its wealthy historical culture and traditions. Belgium is the part of Schengen area, In 1830 Belgium becomes an independent country. Belgium’s formal name is “Kingdom of Belgium” Belgium consists of 11,476,153 population. Belgium shares its borders with France, Germany, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. Brussels is the capital city of Belgium. Belgium’s largest cities are Aalst, Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels (capital), Charleroi, Ghent, Leuven, Liege, Mons, and Namur.
You can travel to Belgium for different visas like tourist visas, family visit visas, work visas, study visas, business purposes, and permanent residence. Short stay for Belgium is issued for single entry and multiple entries, this visa is also issued for 90 days.
According to the 2016 statistics, Belgium issued more than ~179,360 uniforms Schengen visas.
Belgium Visa Requirements:
Belgium visa application requirements vary on your visa application purpose, but still, there are general Belgium visa requirements that might help you to understand the general documents which are required in all situations.
- First of all, you need to download and fill up this Schengen visa application form. Fill out this form even on your computer but don’t forget to print this digital copy to hard copy and then take the consulate.
- 2 most recent passport-size photographs with clear white or light backgrounds.
- Your passport should be validated for the next 3 months from the date of return.
- Flight itinerary OR Flight Reservation should be roundtrip including your departure date plus your foreign country leaving date should be also mentioned in that. A one-way flight itinerary is not acceptable.
- Hotel Booking OR proof of accommodation at your staying city destination that shows your intent to stay and sufficient bank balance by some means.
- Travel medical insurance covers a minimum of $50,000 USD and should be validated in all other Schengen countries as well with a $0 deductible.
- Purpose of the visit in writing (Personal Covering Letter)
- Proof of employment (No Objection Certificate)
- Bank statement for the last three months
Belgium Tourist Visa Requirements:
There are different requirements for different visas
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Income tax returns
- No objection certificate from the company
- Leave letter
For Retired person
- Proof of pension statement for last 3 months
For Business purpose
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Trade license
- Proof financial statement
- Partnership documents
- Permission letter for business travel
- Invitation letter from Belgium firm
For Tourist visa
A tourist visa is a short-term visa this visa is issued for 3 months or less than 90 days.
- Valid passport
- Bank statement
- Invitation letter from a friend or family member or from the sponsor
- Enrollment, student card, or any evidence from Belgium institute, where training course attended
- Financial statement
- Proof of enrollment from Belgium university
- Permission letter from school/ college
For work Visa
- Appointment letter
For Medical Purpose
- Appointment letter hospital in Belgium
- Medical report
- Fee payment
For Spouse Visa
- Marriage certificate
- Family record
Official Visit Visa
- Official invitation card
- Proof of accommodation
- Purpose of travel
- Permission letter from parents
- Birth certificate
- A valid visa for the main destination
- Original and one copy of the airline ticket to the landing place
Which Countries need transit visas:
The following countries need a transit visa.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sri Lanka
Processing time for visa application depends on the nature of the visa.
|Types of Visa||Estimate Processing time|
|Short stay visa||Maximum 15 days|
|C- Visa||15 days|
|Family reunion visa||Within 6 months|
|Study visa||Within 3 to 6 months|
|Work visa||Within 6 months|
|Children under the age of 19||Maximum 3 months|
|Rentier person||Maximum 7 months|
|Spouse visa||Within 6 months|