Ultimate Guide On Denmark Visa Requirement
The Schengen area consists of 26 Europe countries, the Schengen visa is the general visa that permits travelers to travel in all 26 Schengen countries without any fear, there are some visa requirements and procedures that are almost the same for all Schengen members. To know more about Denmark visa requirements for visitors, businesses and students please keep continuing reading this article.
Denmark is the part of Schengen area, and Denmark is located in Northern Europe. In 1849 Denmark become an independent country. Denmark’s formal name is “Kingdom of Denmark” Denmark consists of a 5,754,356 population. Denmark shares its borders with Canada, Germany, Iceland, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Copenhagen is the capital city of Denmark. Denmark’s largest cities are Aalborg, Aarhus, Copenhagen (capital), Esbjerg, Frederiksberg, Horsens, Kolding, Randers, and Vejle.
You can travel to Denmark for different visas like tourist visas, family visit visas, work visas, study visas, business purposes,s and for permanent residence. Short stay for Denmark is issued for single entry and multiple entries, this visa is also issued for 90 days.
Stat: “As per 2014 Denmark has issued a total of 99,852 uniform Schengen visa.”
General Denmark Visa Requirements For Short Stay Visa:
For Denmark short stay or tourist visa, there are the following requirements you must fulfill.
- Fill out the application form with accurate information
- A valid passport must have two blank pages
- Flight Itinerary for Schengen visa: A flight reservation or itinerary is a mandatory document that travelers need to submit to the embassy for their application. The flight itinerary is a complete route of your flight including the confirmed reservation code, traveler name with departure dates, and IATA airport codes. To get the flight itinerary, fill out the flight reservation form.
- Proof of employment (In simple words you need a No Objection Letter from the employer.
- Two passport-sized photos with a white background
- Proof of accommodation: Hotel bookings are another necessary document that travelers need to accomplish their visa requirements documents and that shows the traveler’s intent infant of diplomatic officers that he/she has already done with his/her stay in a foreign country.
- Purpose of visit in written
- Detail information for a stay in Denmark
- Bank statement for the last three months
- For travel and medical insurance, covering expenses € 30,000 please visit SFRV Travels for travel insurance assistance OR please read this article Travel Insurance For Visa Application.
Denmark Tourist Visa Requirements:
There are different requirements for different visas
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Income tax returns
- No objection certificate from the company
- Leave letter
For Business purpose
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Trade license
- Proof financial statement
- Partnership documents
- Permission letter for business travel
- Invitation letter from Denmark firm
For Tourist visa
A tourist visa is a short-term visa this visa is issued for 3 months or less than 90 days.
- Valid passport
- Bank statement
- Invitation letter from a friend or family member or from a sponsor
For Retired person
- Proof of pension statement for last 3 months
- Enrollment, student card, or any evidence from Denmark institute, where training course attended
- Financial statement
For work Visa
- Appointment letter
For Medical Purpose
- Appointment letter hospital in Denmark
- Medical report
- Fee payment
- Proof of enrollment from Denmark University
- Permission letter from school/ college
For Spouse Visa
- Marriage certificate
- Family record
Official Visit Visa
- Official invitation card
- Proof of accommodation
- Purpose of travel
- Permission letter from parents
- Birth certificate
- A valid visa for the main destination
- Original and one copy of the airline ticket to the landing place
Which Countries need transit visas:
The following countries need a transit visa.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sri Lanka
Visa Fee (For short stay visa):
|Visa Type||Visa Fee EUR|
|Children from ages 6 to 12||35|
|Children under 6 years||0|
|Children of 12 years or over||60|
- A fee for all visas pay in cash
- Fees are not refundable